RULES FOR THE LAWRENSON CUP
(1) The Lawrenson Cup shall be competed for annually.
(2) The format of the competition will be decided at the AGM until further notice.
The Rules of the Competition are as for the Ramsbottom Cup / Ramsbottom Cup Group Matches except as follows:
(3) Professionals are not eligible to play in this Competition.
(4) When a Senior League team is engaged in a match on the date that its second XI is playing a knockout Competition Match any player shall be eligible for either team. If a second XI League Knockout Match is played when the Senior League Team had no match, a player shall not be eligible to play in the second XI Knockout Team if he has played in more than two games in the preceding 28 days or if the player has already played in the Ramsbottom Cup in this seasons Quarter Final Stage or beyond or unless Special Permission is granted by the League Executive.
For the sake of clarification a player who is selected for the Senior League Team in a game that does not commence shall not be deemed to have played. As the competition approaches its close, the clubs concerned should as a matter of honour, continue to play their usual Junior players and the introduction of Senior players for the purpose of winning the Competition may lead to the disqualification of the Club concerned.
(4A) In the Group Stages registered players can play in both Cup competitions. Once the Quarter Final Stage is reached registered players can only play in one of the two Cup Competitions, other than when both the Senior and Second Team are playing on the same day or if Special Permission is granted by the League Executive.
(5) In the event of an objection made to the League Secretary not later than three days after the fixture has taken place, the League Management Committee or its Emergency Committee MAY reverse the result and the offending Clubs shall be liable to a fine of £10.
(6) If a team is drawn at home in the Lawrenson Cup when its Senior team is also at home, in a League, Ramsbottom Cup or LCB cup fixture, then the Lawrenson Cup fixture shall be reversed, if it is possible. If it is not possible to reverse the fixture, then the tie will be rescheduled for the next available date.
Lawrenson Cup Group Matches
The matches up to the Quarter Final Stage will be played in a Group Format.
The points system to be two points for a win and one point each for a no result.
There are no replay or reserve dates for Group Matches.
In the event of a tie, the team losing the least wickets will be declared the winners. If teams are still equal the team scoring the highest number of runs in 20 overs, then 10 overs, 9 overs etc., will be declared the winners.
The competition to revert back to a knockout competition from the Quarter Final onwards.
Other than the below, all Ramsbottom Group Cup Rules apply to this competition.
Stacksteads and Burnley Belvedere will be given byes until the Quarter Final Stage of the competition.
The top team in each Group will qualify for the Quarter Finals and will be given a home draw in the Quarter Final.
The best two Runner Up in the Group Stage will qualify for the Quarter Finals.
In the event of teams ending with the same number of points, the winners of the head to head match will be the determining factor in relation to Group positions. In the event of the head to head match being a no result or more than two teams having equal points, the Group Positions will be determined by the ratio of runs scored divided by wickets lost.