Posted by Callum Clarke on 06/02/2017 20:40
(1) All matches shall be played between April and September, both inclusive, and shall be played under the Revised Rules of the M.CC, except as provided for in League Rules.
(2) Fixtures shall be arranged by a Sub-Committee appointed by the League Management Committee or in such other manner as the Committee shall decide.
(3) A list of provisional dates on which fixtures are to be played in the forthcoming season shall be submitted by the Fixtures Secretary for discussion by the Committee as soon as possible after the close of the playing season.
(4) After publication of the League Handbook any re-arrangement of Fixtures shall only be made for exceptional reasons and with the sanction of the League Management Committee, who shall be given 14 days notice prior to the original date of the fixture.
(5) Official League/Ramsbottom/Lawrenson Cup Fixtures shall take precedence over any other fixtures arranged by member Clubs.
(6) N/A – Rule Omitted
(7) N/A – Rule Omitted
(8) Matches may not be re-arranged if the original fixture is not played due to bad weather, except that the first complete “No Result” day in the Senior League, Div. 1 and Div. 2 on or before the second weekend in August shall be replayed on a date to be decided by the League Management Committee. Where 25 or more league matches are scheduled to be played during the season in any division of the Senior League, then there will be no rearrangement of fixtures.
(9) Where a set of “No Result” fixtures in any Division is replayed in accordance with this Rule, all details of the original matches shall be expunged from League Records and shall not count in either League or Club averages.
(10) Any Club refusing to fulfil its engagement may forfeit its deposit and be expelled from the League.
(11) In the event of any Club being disqualified from taking part in the competition by the League Management Committee, all matches such Club has played,no matter what the result has been, shall be considered void and all matches they are engaged in shall be considered void as League matches. Such Club to pay its annual subscription current at the date of disqualification and such other monies as may be due from it to the League.
(12) In the event of any team failing to fulfil a fixture in a Ribblesdale League Competition, the following penalties shall normally apply:
(a) In the case of a League Match the maximum points available for a Win shall be awarded to the other side.
(b) In the case of a Cup match, the other side shall automatically progress to the next round of the competition.
(c) Any costs incurred shall be met by the offending Club.
(d) If prior permission to withdraw from the fixture has been granted by the League, a fine of £15.00 shall apply to teams from the Senior League and Divisions One and Two.
(e) Cases involving teams from Division Three shall be dealt with individually by the League Management Committee, following the submission of written evidence by the Club concerned.
(f) If prior permission to withdraw from the fixture has not been granted by the League a fine of £25.00 shall apply in all Divisions and the offending club deducted 12 points.
In exceptional circumstances the League Management Committee shall have the power to override the above and deal with a case individually.
(13) Where there is a clash of fixtures between a Ribblesdale League Competition and that of any other competition, a member Club must field its strongest team in the Ribblesdale League Competition, except where the permission of the League Management Committee has been obtained due to exceptional circumstances.
(14) Any club fielding a team of fewer than eleven players in any match shall be liable to a fine not exceeding £10.
(15) Regular First Team players shall not be selected for Division Three matches without the permission of the League Executive Committee. Any violation of this Rule to be dealt with under Rule 6(12). See Rule for exceptions.
(16) REPRESENTATIVE MATCHES
The League shall, in all cases, have first choice of players for Ribblesdale League Representative matches.
(17) Any players who have made themselves unavailable for a Ribblesdale League Representative Match may not play for their club on the same day that the match is taking place unless prior permission, in writing, has been granted by the League Executive.