6. RULES IN RESPECT OF PROFESSIONALS
Posted by Callum Clarke on 06/02/2017 20:20
6. RULES IN RESPECT OF PROFESSIONALS
Note – Throughout the whole of this rule the term Professional includes both Professional or Overseas Amateur.
(1) This Rule applies to the Senior League only. In Divisions One, Two and Three Professionals are not allowed.
(2) The attention of all Club officials is drawn to the existence of an agreement between the League and the Lancashire County Cricket Club, whereby any negotiations between a League Club and any Professional in the employment of the County Cricket Club from whatever source initiated are strictly forbidden until the written consent of the County Committee has been obtained and the League Committee has undertaken not to sanction any agreement obtained in violation of the above conditions.
(3) Any club to have the option of employing the services of a professional or gaining the services of an overseas amateur player. An overseas amateur player being someone who has not resided in the UK for 12 months prior to the commencement of the season. Said player will only be eligible to play in the Senior League. If a club takes the option to sign an overseas amateur they may not employ a professional during that season. The playing of a professional is optional.
(4) A Club, having PERMANENTLY lost the services of a Professional previously registered with the League in the current season through illness, injury or some compassionate or other reason acceptable to the League Executive, may register another Professional to be agreed by the League Executive.
(5) N/A Rule Omitted
(6) In the event of a registered Professional being unable to play for his club either through accident, injury, sickness, being required to play for his country, county, minor county, or state club, or for some compassionate or other reason acceptable to the League Executive, a substitute professional to be agreed by LMC may be engaged.
(7) In case of unavailability due to accident or sickness, a medical certificate shall be forwarded, so as to reach the League Registrations Secretary within 48 hours of notification of his unavailability and shall be repeated each weekend during the Professional’s indisposition.
(8) Clubs will only be allowed to engage a substitute professional if they have lodged a signed copy of their professional’s contract with The League Honorary Secretary before the start of the season.
(9) A signed copy of the Professional’s Contract, with financial details deleted, shall be lodged with the League Registrations Secretary at least three days prior to the Professional commencing to play in the League.
(9a) Where a professional has been signed for the season by any club and said professional has not arrived in time to be available for selection by the 4th scheduled set of league fixtures of the season, the club involved will NOT be allowed to engage a sub-professional AFTER that date, until such time that the professional arrives or a permanent replacement is engaged.
(10) Each Contract of Employment shall include a clause stating that it is for the full season. It shall also include a clause whereby the Professional acknowledges that his employment is subject to the provisions of the League’s Disciplinary Rules and that the Professional further acknowledges that he is aware that the League has adopted the N.C.A.Disciplinary Rules and that the provision of such Model Rules have been brought to his attention.
(11) Clubs which employ Overseas Professionals shall obtain a Work Permit issued by the Department of Employment (Overseas Labour Section) before registering the Professional with the League.
(12) No Club Professional in the League shall be approached with a view to engagement by, or on behalf of,another member Club before 1st August, without the written consent of his present Club.
(13) For a breach of this and/or Rule 6 Para. 13, the offending Club shall be subject to such penalty as the League Management Committee shall decide.
(14) Any fine levied by a Club against its Professional, following an internal Disciplinary Hearing into a breach of League Rules, shall be paid to the League.